Preparing your Home for Sale prior to the Spring Market
Before spring has sprung, let’s talk about prepping your home for the market. We all know that the spring is the hottest market and you need to be prepared well in advance if you are interested in listing your home. We know this can be such an overwhelming thought. So we are here to break it down into simple steps and hopefully help ease some of that anxiety.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GbNRjQ6RhQQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
De-winterize that lawn!!! Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression. Let’s make sure your home's lawn is in tiptop shape.
- RAKE the lawn, flower beds and borders to remove all leaves and other debris that have accumulated over the winter.
- WEED the flower beds and remove last year’s perennial foliage.
- MOW… well let’s not get too carried away yet! Temps should be consistently above 40 and grass blades should be 2-3 in prior to first mow to prevent grass injury.
- MULCH around the base of plants, trees, and shrubs (apply a 2-3 inch layer). This will moderate soil temps, maintain moisture, and deter weeds. Plus it just makes your garden look more beautiful.
- PRUNE any broken, diseased or dead limbs from trees and plants.
A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you’ve slacked off on the interior maintenance as well. We don’t want that now do we?
- CLEAN the roof
- CLEAN the gutters
- PRESSURE WASH siding and driveway
- FIX anything broken such as windows
- MAKE front door inviting with a fresh coat of paint, a new mat, & replace faded house numbers.
- REMOVE clutter by taking a box and pack up all of those knickknacks, photos and other personal items. This also includes messy closets and drawers. The bonus… you are well on your way to packed and ready to go for when it sells!
- STORE all of your packed boxes organized in your garage OR rent a storage unit.
- CLEAN ceiling fans to floors and everything in between! You want it to sparkle!!
- PAINT if you have rooms with colors like lime green, fuchsia, or royal blue. We are so glad you love color and wouldn’t change a thing about you! We would however change your walls to neutral only because the majority of the world loves dull and boring. These bright vivid colors would just sour them. JUST KIDDING!!! But seriously paint with neutral colors.
If you don’t want to deal with any of this… give us a call and we can recommend folks that can do all the work for you! 253.851.0745
Last but not least! Our team put together a few of our favorite cleaning products and tools to giveaway.
Jo- Baking Soda, Vinegar, and Lemon
Michelle- Microfiber Duster with Extension Pole
Jen- Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover
Gene- Magic Erasers
To enter a chance to win our favorites with a few other goodies, follow us on Facebook OR Instagram & comment below telling us any of your spring cleaning secrets!
Will announce the winner LIVE on Facebook/IG next Wednesday March 6, 2019.